View Single Post
Old 08-10-2013, 11:34 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
cleaninLI

My mother was a ACOA. She never drank herself. My mother could never be wrong. I don't care what we were discussing, she was always right. She was the most "intelligent"" person in the family. My father was an engineer with a masters degree, but according to her, he was dumb compared to her. If things were not done according to her wishes, She would rank and rave all night if necessary. She was controlling and a perfectionist. Also, she had the view that things were either one way or another way. There were no in betweens. She preferred to be the center of attention in the family. She was over critical of herself, often making statements such as. "I never do anything right" . Or "God is punishing me." "I know you hate me." Etc...

She would go out of her way to help someone. She was extremely responsible . Always made sure we had a perfect meal, our clothes were laundered perfectly, and ironed perfectly. She always made sure we never missed Dr/dentist Appointments. She made sure our house was perfectly organized and cleaned. She always made sure we did well at school and was very involved in our education. She was very generous with money or her time and wouldn't think twice in helping a neighbor, family member or friend.

Are these characteristics of ACOAs?