View Single Post
Old 08-10-2013, 10:16 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
sicknote

Hey Michael,

I binge too. I don't drink all day everyday, but man when I go - I go!. But alcohol does bad things to me, and its stopping me from living a better life. Therefore I quit the booze. I'm 17 days sober, although I've been trying seriously for 2 months to quit, however I've had many unsuccessful attempts in the past.

My friends and family don't really see the true extent of damage I'm doing. So people tell me that I just drink too much for the wrong reasons, or because I've lost my mojo and just a bit low, or because I'm small so my body can't handle my drink the same way as others, or that I just get too carried away.

But at the end of the day it doesn't matter what my reason is for giving up drink, and it doesn't matter what they think about it. The only thing that matters is I don't want to drink anymore, I've had enough of being sick and tired.

As others have suggested. Keep posting, and checking out this site. There is a class of August which are people quitting this month: http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...rt-1-a-19.html which might help

If you find certain people or places making it difficult for you to quit drink, then I'd suggest avoiding them situations, just temporarily, until you decide what to do. This is what I'm doing. Avoiding the old situations and keeping busy.

sicknote