View Single Post
Old 08-08-2013, 12:08 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Erratic
Say cheese!

Originally Posted by 1hotmess View Post
I am married to a woman who is an alcoholic (recovering) with Borderline PD. She is not willing to admit to the PD part yet it seems to be affecting her recovery part. She seems to be stuck on step 8. she has been sober for a year now but seems to not be able to accept any wrong doing. She shuts down if I confront her about anything I have an issue with regarding her behavior or treatment of me, kids etc. I am concerned about her skipping steps. It is common for BPD's to be professional liars, and she certainly is no stranger to lying as an alcoholic. My question is what should I expect through this process? Will her sponsor ensure that she is making amends? What does that look like?

We have been separated due to her addictions and disorders for the past 14 months. I am committed to standing by her but she seems like she wants a divorce now. At least she tells me that. Doesn't seem to match up with what I know about AA and the 12 steps.

Thank you for the help, advice etc.
I have been diagnosed with BPD since my early 20s, i am now 41. sry to be sharp here, but you saying we are professional liars is a bit of an insult im afraid. Have u read up about BPD? and what the symptoms are to be diagnosed as one? not 1 of the 9 has any say on us being liars. I am also an alcoholic and that is part of one of the symptoms which is we can have addicted personalities. For ur wife to be adbsent and going to AA is actually a big step to do.

sry again for being sharp with u