View Single Post
Old 08-08-2013, 12:06 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Linnie

I'm worried to tell my family as well. I told my older sister today and she gave just a little push back ("You mean you're never ever drinking again?? Why???") and then relented, telling me she loves me no matter what, even if I'm sober. Lol! My sisters are both big drinkers and so are my husband's siblings. I was worried that they would think because I recognized my problem and quit, that they would feel like I'm judging them, or that they would see me as sort of a mirror. I'm not sure what your family dynamic is, but I'm sure Dee's right. Just establish your boundary and stick to it. They love you, they'll let it go. If you're worried about someone slipping you a nip of booze, just hold on tight to your soda or give it a sniff before you drink it. I've read a lot of posts from people who have been sober for a long time and they say it doesn't seem to be as big of a deal to other people as it is to us. Most folks just say "Oh, ok" and go on with the day. Good luck to you! I hope your family is supportive and accepting