View Single Post
Old 08-07-2013, 04:48 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
pixie2695

Husband is an ACofA...I am so lost

I want to start by saying that my father is an alcoholic. His drinking has taken over his life in the last 5 years. Prior to that, he had a very slow build up to daily drinking. My husbands father, however, was the kind of alcoholic I thought only existed on TV.

My husband is an amazing man. He has over come so much, put himself through college, earned his doctorate, is kind and loving and just about all the goodies a woman could ask for wrapped up in a sexy package.

However, he cannot be wrong. If I ask him to do something different, he flies off the handle saying I think he is a piece of junk who can't do anything right. And then he starts in on me. I am bipolar (which I am not), it's stress and not him, I am insane, F you, the whole bit. It seems like the calmer I get, the louder he becomes.

Anyone have any words of wisdom on how to avoid all of this? What I would LOVE LOVE LOVE to have happen is that I could say "Hey, baby, would you mind ________________" and have him not blow up, storm off and have to have a 45 minutes discussion on what I do wrong.