View Single Post
Old 08-07-2013, 07:24 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
keen2bclean

This is me too! Once I pop I can't stop! ...
Originally Posted by sicknote View Post
Yah!!! Someone like me!

I binge too!!! I've had enough. I'm getting annihilated on the drink, and the hangovers are destroying me. When I start I can't stop.

I don't wake up and drink, I don't drink all day everyday, but man, when I start there isn't anything going to get in my way! It's like I'm hitting a detonation button, or self destruct button and BOOM! Blowing myself up every time I pick up that first drink.

I was a party animal, or so I thought, but I was embarrassed, so I've started drinking alone, so that no one sees it. I thought if I drink alone the day before we all go out then I wont want to drink with everyone the following night. How wrong I was, this didn't work, now I'm not the party animal anymore, just hiding my drinking and continuing to binge frequently.

I'm really going to go for it and get through the weekend without a drink. Sick and tired of being sick and tired! I've done a few AA meetings.

You're brave still going out with drinking buddies. I tried and couldn't do it. I've told my drinking friends that I'm not going to be out for a few weeks, and that I've just got some stuff on at the mo, but I'll catch up with them in a few weeks. If you struggle with friends, I'd totally recommend telling them you're just taking some time out or something, it will buy you some time to figure things out.