View Single Post
Old 08-05-2013, 01:33 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  
OneNightAWeek

Originally Posted by Freddiejay View Post
In some meetings people come across as less then flexible but that's just it you're dealing with people and we all are subject to making mistakes. I personally don't like the cookie cutter approach at some of these meetings but I don't take it personal, I take from it what I can and let the rest go.theres a saying ' if it don't apply let it fly!' What I get from meetings is that there are people like me there and hearing our common struggles gives us a bond, I guess if I looked at how different we are I may not enjoy them as much but that's not why I'm there. The steps are for me, I would have loved working the steps if I had never touched a drink or drug, they make me look myself squarely, examine my motives, right my wrongs and put others ahead of me. I can understand that the program isn't for everyone but its been great to me!
I decided to go because I was thinking it would be helpful to be there and hear shares like you said from people with common struggles. And I think it was to a point, but does it help to go on a regular basis and hear the stuggles. This Im not sure about. I havent heard this one" if it dont apply let it fly ! I will keep that in mind for sure. thanks