View Single Post
Old 01-05-2005, 02:17 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
whatnow

Nothing phases him

First off let me say that I have been away for awhile. Now that the holidays are over I seem to be back into the daily routine.
Here's my story..... My AH went to Pennsylvania for his job. Came home with a terrible cold. He finally went to the doctor, was given medication and was told that his blood pressure was high but that could be due to the cold. The Dr. wanted him to come back when he was feeling better to check it again. Meanwhile he returned to Pennsylvania for 10 more days. When he returned we went to Wal-Mart and checked his blood pressure. It was still way to high. He returned to the Dr. and was put on medication. He was concerned what the reason was that his pressures were high. He he very concious about his health. (But drinking doesn't affect his health...) Anyway I went on the internet and found causes of high blood pressure. Right there in black and white... Alcohol-Heavy and constant drinking. But do you think this affected him in anyway. Nope. That can't be the reason his blood pressure is high. His father drank for years and didn't have a problem with his. (Atleast not that he knows of..his father died of lung cancer.) I just give up. I feel that he can't see past the alcohol. Things he says and does just blow me away sometimes. I can't believe he does these things. My children are so disconnected from him and he can't see the reason why. When I tell him he doesn't think that is it because his father's drinking didn't do that to him so I must be making it up.
I could go on for hours but I won't just had some things to get off my chest.