View Single Post
Old 08-03-2013, 09:54 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
OnawaMiniya

Originally Posted by dandylion View Post
Onawa, for me, with my unbearably narcissistic husband, as I grew healthier in terms of taking care of my needs---I reached a "tipping point" with him--from which there was no return. It was like any "love" I had felt just died and withered away. That was decades ago--I divorced him---and never regretted it. Oh, by the way--he was a revisionist too!!!!

That annoys me soooo!

I don't know what to exactly advise you---because, one day i simply "saw the light" and knew that I had to leave. I couldn't get away fast enough. I took the three young children and left (via divorce proceedings).

You aren't going to change his revisionistic ways---staying away from his physical presence is the only thing I can think of.

sorry.

dandylion
Yes, physically staying away from him does help! I am able to walk away and right out of the house now, before I couldn't do that. Now, I don't have that terrible longing inside to "resolve" whatever stupid argument is starting up... so it's easy to walk away where it wasn't easy before. It's just pointless. Walking away benefits me. It's like I'm just tired of saying words to him lol. It does nothing but drain me. I'm not perfect at that yet, but have made tons of progress, and fast.

And I can understand the "narcissism" too...wow...the conceit he demonstrates, the undeserved praise he heaps upon himself is truly a thing to behold lol. But truly confident people have no need to boast, brag, and talk on and on about how "superior" they are. Truly confident people don't even think in terms of "superior/inferior". No need to.

Thank you. Your advice to literally not be near him is good.

Peace.