View Single Post
Old 08-01-2013, 09:08 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  
fedupbeyondall

Originally Posted by DreamsofSerenity View Post
So you've got a bored, drinking, teen in your house but you can't ground him or take away his car? Maybe you can refuse to buy him that new Xbox for Xmas.

I know how you feel. Whenever I was emotionally compromised either from something with my FOO, or even just bad PMS, I would lie to my exabf and tell him I was at a yoga retreat for a few days without cell reception. It was the only way I could avoid dealing with his childlike response to my emotions (along with those of my actual kids) without getting in a huge fight about it.

I didn't have to support him or do his share of the housework though. I think that would have pushed me over the edge. I feel for you, Daddy Fedup.
The financially supporting him has just started a couple months ago after we decided he needed a new career. Definitely needed, not wanted. I just didn't realize he was going to blow through our savings, that should have lasted at least a year, in a matter of three months. I cannot begin to tell you how ticked I am about that. The housework is my issue. I'm a neat freak, he is quite the opposite, so I do it to maintain my own sanity, and sanitary environment.