View Single Post
Old 07-31-2013, 03:59 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
fluffyflea

First of all you are right he did switch addictions.

Secondly don,t let his actions jade your perception of A.A that kind of behaviour is not condoned in A.A.People will do what they are going to do no matter what others say.

Originally Posted by Ledbutt75 View Post
Hi everyone
This is my first time posting. I have an alcoholic husband who went thru rehab 18 mos ago and is supposedly still sober. I say supposedly for many reasons.

He "left" me and our 2 children about 3 months ago saying he could not live with my anger any longer. Within a week he was dating a girl in AA who was 26, and sober less than a year. He is 41. Clearly my 'anger' was the excuse. He moved in with this girl within a month, went on vacation with her while leaving me with the family to support emotionally and financially. And 3 weeks ago he supposedly broke things off w girl and wants his family back.

I refer to what he did as 13th stepping. It makes me think less of AA and the people he shares his feelings with at these meetings - and not trust him at all - my way of supporting him was to make it so he could always go to a meeting ... And he used it to date?

Prior to all of this I felt he was slipping in his sobriety. He was acting more and more moody, compulsive, distant - all things he did while drinking. Part of me thinks he just switched addictions.

I don't trust him, yet I am not willing to fully give up on our family with 2 young children. Not sure if counseling will save us.

Any insight is greatly appreciated.