View Single Post
Old 07-31-2013, 02:05 PM
  # 379 (permalink)  
walkingwithgod

Originally Posted by safeandsound View Post
WWG, I can totally relate to your situation. I don't know if you've seen my previous posts, but I lost a job for which I was supremely qualified and that involved helping people. My excellent performance was ignored. "Budget cuts." Period.

Good for you for getting right out there and already landing an interview!! Good luck.

I would like to gently point out that it's nice so many of you found better jobs after losing yours, and I know your words come from a good place, but that doesn't always happen. I too got right on the job hunt. But there simply aren't any jobs in my field in this city. I sent out CVs anyway, but when nothing turned up, I accepted a job teaching that pays less than waitressing. I'm happy to be doing what I love, but it's humiliating to be paid less than your students! I'm also focusing on the fact that my hours are more flexible. But sometimes it's hard to be positive. I've also been really sick for two days, which may affect my attitude.

I had to say something so I don't get resentful. What if losing one's job does NOT lead to a better job? I guess acceptance is key then, and I'm not quite there yet.
Thanks S&S. it is tough. But, I realized if I wasn't sober this would have been impossible to move ahead. People always say that things happen for a reason. Maybe they do. I just need all the prayers I can get.
Losing a job has really put things into perspective. I also have an amazingly strong wife.