View Single Post
Old 07-31-2013, 11:14 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Ledbutt75

Affairs in AA...

Hi everyone
This is my first time posting. I have an alcoholic husband who went thru rehab 18 mos ago and is supposedly still sober. I say supposedly for many reasons.

He "left" me and our 2 children about 3 months ago saying he could not live with my anger any longer. Within a week he was dating a girl in AA who was 26, and sober less than a year. He is 41. Clearly my 'anger' was the excuse. He moved in with this girl within a month, went on vacation with her while leaving me with the family to support emotionally and financially. And 3 weeks ago he supposedly broke things off w girl and wants his family back.

I refer to what he did as 13th stepping. It makes me think less of AA and the people he shares his feelings with at these meetings - and not trust him at all - my way of supporting him was to make it so he could always go to a meeting ... And he used it to date?

Prior to all of this I felt he was slipping in his sobriety. He was acting more and more moody, compulsive, distant - all things he did while drinking. Part of me thinks he just switched addictions.

I don't trust him, yet I am not willing to fully give up on our family with 2 young children. Not sure if counseling will save us.

Any insight is greatly appreciated.