View Single Post
Old 07-31-2013, 06:23 AM
  # 363 (permalink)  
tanja

Good Morning Undies,

HD - That was a beautiful post on forgiveness. I think forgiveness is one of the hardest things to do for most people, not just alcoholics. But, resentments are just so corrosive to our sobriety and overall well-being.

Matt - Kudos to you! You should really pat yourself on the back for not picking up a drink over losing your job. Instead you took the initiative immediately and it looks like things will pan out for you. You are far stronger than you realize. You flexed an emotional muscle in early sobriety and for this you should be proud.

Grace - I am so sorry to hear that your Dad is deteriorating rapidly. I hope you can find respite care for him soon. God bless you. It's painful to see those we love suffer and know it is completely out of our control. You are a great daughter, loving and kind and I hope that brings you a small amount of comfort. As we have all shared, you were sorely missed I hope you had a wonderful birthday.

Alex - Welcome to the thread and congratulations on 7 months of sobriety.

DG0409 - Congrats on 13 days of no week, 1113 days of no alcohol and 7 months of no cigarettes. You are simply amazing!

Toots - I always love reading your wise and entertaining posts! Your post on guilt being a self-centered emotion was right on the mark.

MD- That was a beautiful poem that you composed for Grace! Thank you so much for your congratulations and your tremendous compliment. Good luck with your job hunting Your exercise regime inspires me to do much more in that department!

Jim - Wonderful to know that you are still on track.

Yesterday, was another good day for me. My ex-sponsor took me out to dinner, gave me flowers, two inspirational stones (one was "peace" and the other "love") and a lovely necklace. We attended a meeting and I picked up another one year chip. They didn't have anyone to lead the meeting so had to ask someone. Later, a man I have an enormous amount of respect for congratulated me. He told me that he almost asked me to lead. But, that he didn't want to put me on the spot. Thank Goodness! I don't think well on my feet and the thought terrifies me. When I do at some point try and lead - I would need to prepare heavily.

Wishing everyone a wonderful Wednesday!