View Single Post
Old 07-29-2013, 06:00 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
AnvilheadII

so I'll be watching and waiting.

for WHAT exactly? what IS it you are waiting to see? you guys have the same conversation over and over....and over. he's the way he is and not going to change but YOU need to work on <<fillin the blank>> and you say ok whatever we'll do the same thing again and see what changes.

he has said you treat him like a diagnosis...and I actually empathize with him a bit....you see him as an alcoholic, or an passive/aggressive, or depressed, or with NPD..and he may indeed BE all those things. but he is still a whole person who has shown you repeatedly thru the years WHO HE IS.

hon, short of either divine or alien intervention, he IS who he IS, and even with a positive program he wouldn't change THAT MUCH.

I have and have always had bad knees....I long ago gave up the hope or even thought of being a runner. or anything athletic that requires the extended use of KNEES. I do not run, jump, leap or fling myself off of the earth hoping my legs will support me when I land.

we are who we are. it's actually an insult to keep suggesting that someone be something else, IF after YEARS they have demonstrated clearly they will never be that which we suggest.

it is what is liz. if you want change, BE that change.