View Single Post
Old 07-28-2013, 03:46 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
ImperfectlyMe

Made it through 10 days at the beach!!

Well I did something I don't think I've ever done since I'm maybe 15. I made it through 10 days at our beach house sober. Today is my 111 sober day.
Don't get me wrong it was hard! I thought and missed my daily beach drinking routine. Packing a few beers for the beach, spending the day making sand castles with the kids, tanning, going back opening several bottles of wine grilling. Grabbing a few after dinner drinks and sitting on the beach at dusk! The thought were with me everyday! But I won! I did all those things minus the alcohol Did I miss it? YES!!!! Did it ruin my trip? NOPE!

I'm so thankful for thus site I came very close to slipping while here a few times! There was one day in perticular I was soooo intent on drinking. Perfect summer day all kids playing all parents having drinks by the pool. I had been working on my husband to say drink to me. Then he said...."if you want to drink then have A drink! Have ONE glass of wine."
I thought about it for several minutes and realized I couldn't have ONE drink! It just simply never could I would want more and môre!!!
In that moment I remembered why I dint drink why I am where I am! I felt left out of the "party" but when I was drinking I FELT LEFT OUT of LIFE!!!
Thank you all for being here every day couldn't do it without each one if you!