View Single Post
Old 07-27-2013, 10:12 AM
  # 263 (permalink)  
HappyDestiny3
Aka.. Indamiricale. :)

Originally Posted by Happyfeet View Post
This is not my first rodeo and they have all seen me slip and slide and yet they are still here to support me. I picked up my first 60 day chip 18 months ago so this has been a long rode for me.

Well done Happyfeet, we do not eat our wounded...Congrats on your coin

messyliver ~ I wish you the best of luck, but hate to give you some tough love. But if being sober is the most important thing to you, I would avoid the "clubs" for awhile till you build a solid sober foundation.. They will still be there when you do.

I have truly found the best way to stay sober is to get out of my own way, and help another alcoholic....

When I am down, when everything seems to be going wrong, thats when I probably notice that for some time my attention has been to focused on myself. I may be concentrating on what I want and how I am not getting it. I might be thinking of all the ways I have been slighted or ignored or rejected, and keeping score of it all.

It's trite to say that I can get out of this painful, self-absorption only by helping someone else, but it is so very true. Helping others is a way to help myself. It is a spiritual principle, and my program is based on this principle of love for one another...

"True happiness, we are told, consists in getting out of one's self, but the point is not only to get out ~ you must stay out, and to stay out you must have some absorbing errand." ~ Henry James.

I wish everyone a wonderful saturday.. And remember to smile cause sobriety looks good on YOU !!!!!!!!!

Good love, Happy..