Old 07-24-2013, 07:48 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
cr995

The property we own is in a different country from where the divorce is being filed. The property belongs to a company of which we are both directors with a 50-50 share.

I have consulted and dismissed legal advice in the past as it was made very clear that there is no help that can be afforded to me in getting anything from the property.

We both need to agree to the property being sold. He can't sell it without my signature and I can't sell it without his signature. At the moment he is living there with his gf - maybe - I don't know.

I have agreed to selling but he did not co-operate with the agent. There is no point in communicating with him as he just does what he wants regardless . He has also been using the divorce to bargain - ie sign the divorce papers and I will agree to this etc.

I am not able to hire a lawyer abroad as I cannot afford one but I have got legal advice from our company lawyer which told me what I know - we both need to agree to sell the property.

I have no power to do anything about how he is behaving - I tried to agree the sale of the house contents and my car - he derailed that and as he is an active A I soon realized I could go mad trying to get any money out of him.
So I have handed it over to my HP.