View Single Post
Old 07-23-2013, 05:43 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
deeker

Originally Posted by neferkamichael View Post
Shakota, I am so sorry you are in such pain and please just stay away from NA you feel bad enough as it is. Shakota do your best to take your medication as prescribed, it's obvious you need it for pain. God bless and rootin for ya.
Narcotics Anonymous In Times Of Illness in Recovery This is a link to some information put out by NA about medications in recovery.

At some point in all of our lives we will all need to take something or have a surgical procedure of some sort whether it be dental work or major surgery.

I go to NA and I haven't fully read this info I am posting but I think the important thing with any addict is are they taking meds as directed and are they exaggerating the pain in order to use. NA has one requirement a desire to not use.

I recently almost lost my finger in a hedgeclipper.

It could have been the perfect opportunity to get pain meds. Who would have questioned it right? The truth was it never hurt, not once. I never felt pain from the time I cut it got stitches to the time it healed. So I knew in my heart that I would be a total liar if I said I needed them.

The question all addicts need to ask themselves is am I taking this because I have a good reason or am I taking this because I have pain right this minute.

In your situation it sounds like you are in some serious pain. Personally if I ever am in a situation as yours I would have to make sure that my sponsor knew I was taking meds and like you have someone dole them out to me. Because I am an addict and I will abuse them if I have them. I don't know if I could have them around with them not playing on my mind so I really do feel for you.

It's just a matter of being rigourously honest with yourself and at least one other person who has close contact with you. Being accountable.

It sounds like you want to be accountable and that is good. No doubt it will be a hard road for you but if you are completely honest all the time even with your thoughts and letting your husband know before you act out I think you will be ok.

It is really none of NA's or anyone elses business what you do. But if you are abusing them then that is really a matter you have to take up with yourself. If you care enough about yourself to do so.

I wish you strength on your journey and will say a little prayer for you tonight.