View Single Post
Old 07-23-2013, 05:18 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Hope4Life
as a sober contributor

I kind relate to your pain.....

Hi Shakota,

I just wanted to reach out to you and let you know that you are not alone. In 1994 I got injured at work and after an MRI, was told I had the back of a 65 yr old..... I was 26 at the time. I was diagnosed with DDD that has now progressed from my lower back all the way up to my neck. Bulging Discs, Pinched Nerves, Arthritis, Numbness and Pain dominate my life.

Although I have not resorted to pharmaceuticals, I self medicated with Alcohol and Pot since then and only decided to get clean and sober last year. I am so sorry that you are in this situation and really hope that you can find some relief from the pain you are experiencing.

I was lucky enough to find an amazing Osteopath who has been helping me more than I thought was possible. I would suggest that you look into finding one in your area. Osteopaths use very light, fingertip manipulation techniques... almost like 'healing hands' where they touch you very softly and induce a huge energy release from your tight muscles. It is an amazing process that is hard to explain but all I know is IT WORKS!

I am glad that you have found SR. There is always someone here to lend you an ear and offer support.

I hope you are feeling better tonight.