View Single Post
Old 07-22-2013, 11:52 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Lyoness
Night owl

Antidepressant withdrawals

Does anyone have experience with them? I am still on my suboxone taper and have just stopped taking my antidepressant, Pristiq, a couple of weeks ago and the withdrawals have been horrible. Physically it's not as bad as opiate withdrawals but emotionally/mentally it has been much worse. I have been a mess.

The main physical problem has been constant migraine but I am taking 5HTP which helps to stop them. I have had crippling anxiety, increased depression, sometimes to the point that I can't function, feeling literally like I am going insane, just going to vanish into insanity plus extremely irritable, short-tempered and ragey.

I have gone off antidepressants in the past and not had anywhere near this bad of an experience. I don't know if it's because I am on the suboxone taper, too, so my body isn't getting enough of too many things it's used to or has come to need or what but it's really scary.

So I'm wondering if anyone has had similar experiences and what you've done to get through it. How long it took, any supplements you used, etc. I'm not asking for medical advice just your experience, strength and hope. I will be seeing a new doctor in a couple of weeks, until then I don't have medical help with this.

Thank you.