View Single Post
Old 07-22-2013, 08:52 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
wiscsober

jazzfish thank you....I'm only as sober as you right now....as I buzzed through your list -- yes to all the accepts -- and no hesitation for the last one (except you put "but" first! lol)

Seriously, only for a few things do I know exactly what is going to happen today. In a few minutes I could step off the stoop and break my neck. Well, I've decided to spend these last few minutes if not the rest of my day sober.

Maybe I'm trying to make this fit:

but at my AA meeting last night two old-times one with 51 years and other with 22 years....said they go to meetings regularly because that is what works for them and helps them live sober....they said why quit something that has been working exceptionally well for that long period of time.

I thought of my blood pressure that is now well within limits ... why should I quit taking it if it's working? Giving the results it's suppose to? Helping me manage a health-threatening condition?

Other meds. I'm taking the doc said I'd be taking the rest of my life. I'm ok with that.

Quitting drinking, living sober, works. There is no guarantee when we drink either, but I'd rather die sober.

My best to you....you are doing well!