Old 07-21-2013, 10:54 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Nuudawn

Hey thanks for the positive post!! Very inspiring. Your bit about kicking things to the curb..I like it. I had recently starting getting to know what I thought would be a new gal pal. A lady I work with who has over 2 years of sobriety and I'm not even at 2 months. Well we were initially hitting it off...but I gotta say, there were things I just couldn't put my finger on that struck me...little odd somehow or that just weren't "hitting the mark with me". Don't get me wrong..nice, friendly gal but...

Her and I recently had an issue at work and well, it was an SOB to resolve. In talking with her..I felt like I was drowning and couldn't get a foothold. Never mind...I digress..lol.

I'll get to the point. After the incident, I realized that our relationship would go no further than professional. We've worked together since and everything is pleasant but despite the fact she is sober...there is more to relationship than sharing sobriety (we are of two different camps too..she is AA and I am not). I just know that I NEVER gave that much thought to whether or not it would be cool to continue a relationship with someone...gal pal or man friend (sad to say). I just got drunk with them and see how it went from there. I would never try to discern my gut feelings or vibes or anything.

Sorry.this is long winded..lol. Your post just reminded me that discerning ourselves for our own well being..and sobriety..is paramount.