Notices

I'm Clean, Sober & Strong & having a Blast.

Old 07-21-2013, 09:55 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
recovering alcoholic

I'm Clean, Sober & Strong & having a Blast.

DAY 253 (8 months, 1 week)

I'm having a blast right now with 253 days being totally sober. I'm happy and having a great time with family and friends. My son and I have gotten along better this year than we have in years. My wife and I are having a blast being together.

I am strong again. My training is going great. I have a tournament coming up in September and I have been training like crazy. I will be shooting for 1st place in the open division.

I'm having a blast riding the Harley sober this year. No worries about crashing, DUI'S or towed bike.

My advice: Kick "People, Places & Things" to the curb. People you used to run with, Places you used to drink and hang out at and Things you own that could be a trigger. And don't flirt with your addiction.

Do everything in your power to get & stay clean & sober, then do everything in your power to stay clean & sober. It's worth the effort. Trust me, life can be a blast clean and sober.
Old 07-21-2013, 10:08 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Cool message, thank you.
Old 07-21-2013, 10:09 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

glad you're doing well Dave - more power to ya!

D
Old 07-21-2013, 10:14 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

encouraging!
Old 07-21-2013, 10:54 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Hey thanks for the positive post!! Very inspiring. Your bit about kicking things to the curb..I like it. I had recently starting getting to know what I thought would be a new gal pal. A lady I work with who has over 2 years of sobriety and I'm not even at 2 months. Well we were initially hitting it off...but I gotta say, there were things I just couldn't put my finger on that struck me...little odd somehow or that just weren't "hitting the mark with me". Don't get me wrong..nice, friendly gal but...

Her and I recently had an issue at work and well, it was an SOB to resolve. In talking with her..I felt like I was drowning and couldn't get a foothold. Never mind...I digress..lol.

I'll get to the point. After the incident, I realized that our relationship would go no further than professional. We've worked together since and everything is pleasant but despite the fact she is sober...there is more to relationship than sharing sobriety (we are of two different camps too..she is AA and I am not). I just know that I NEVER gave that much thought to whether or not it would be cool to continue a relationship with someone...gal pal or man friend (sad to say). I just got drunk with them and see how it went from there. I would never try to discern my gut feelings or vibes or anything.

Sorry.this is long winded..lol. Your post just reminded me that discerning ourselves for our own well being..and sobriety..is paramount.
Old 07-21-2013, 11:00 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Angry

dave h
how is your training going
the reason I ask , im a weightlifter and am back to the gym Tuesday after on and off drinking sprees
I have only 10 days sober so am starting light but hoping to get back up there
I think I used to train to stop the guilt of drinking but now I hope to be consistent
thanks for the inspiring message
deadlift
Old 07-22-2013, 03:54 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Feeling good is priceless !

No hangovers -GREAT

No anxeity -great

No heartburn - great

I work out too , it helps.
Old 07-22-2013, 11:42 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

heeeeey cant wait to get to that stage
went back to work today no hangover on a Monday weird
DL
Old 07-22-2013, 09:03 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
recovering alcoholic

Thanks everyone for the cool response. I was just very sick of being who I was. Alcohol had such a grip on me and it was destroying everything. When I finally did start going meetings I just through myself into recovery. I view my addiction like an enemy who I MUST defeat.

We all can do this. We just have to have a white-hot burning desire to overcome this addiction. Go to rehab, then attend meetings. Get a sponsor or accountability partner and work the steps. And then find something that you like doing that will replace your addiction. For me it is training and riding my Harley. Then...just have fun doing what your doing! Learn to laugh, have fun and chill out. Life is what we make it, my friends!
Old 07-22-2013, 11:36 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

that's the thing FINDING SOMETHING TO REPLACE THE ADDICTION
that's my new quest to find an alternative but one that doesn't send me bonkers
Old 07-23-2013, 01:40 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

thanks for the share
Old 07-23-2013, 01:42 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Woohoooo! 8 months and an awesome report! Love it! Love It!