View Single Post
Old 07-20-2013, 08:06 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  
AnonK

I lost two pregnancies. Both were very early. One for each of my alcoholic exes.

The first one pretended to have empathy for me. He knew how much having children meant to me. Even though, at this point, I knew that I shouldn't be with him, I was still devastated at the loss of our child. Of my child. If anything, he was relieved that I miscarried; he didn't want any more children (and, of course, he waited until after I miscarried to say this).

The second one was like the first one, except I didn't tell my ex. I didn't tell anyone except for one close confidant. There wasn't any point. I knew he (my second ex) wouldn't care. There was no point in upsetting those around me. So, I confided in my one friend.

To this day, I still wonder why. Why me? Why twice? Sometimes, I feel that it's because my HP doesn't think I'll be a good enough mother. Sometimes, I think it's because my HP was looking out for the best interest of my child(ren). No good would have come out of having a dysfunctional alcoholic father, no matter how good I would have been. Either way, it doesn't hurt any less. This pain is something I wouldn't wish on my worst enemy.

I hope you take comfort in knowing that you're not alone.