View Single Post
Old 07-20-2013, 10:50 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
nytepassion
Drug Addiction Has No Mercy

No you didn't cause any of this and it is not your job or responsibility to fix it. He has a lot of excuses for why he can't, but I'm not hearing any I cans.

"his roommates f***ed him over = (send money)
he told me he has no money. none. = (send money)
because of his roommates screwing him. = (send money)
said he "won't survive" the month. = (send money)
has been crying and crying on the phone with me. literally, crying. = (send money)
asked me to send money. = (send money)
he needs $100 to make it through. = (send money)
he said he has no food and can't drink the water. = (send money)
last it was his phone would be shut off next week and then he will "really be done" = (send money)

Sounds like to me his addiction is SCREAMING to be fed. This is not the sign of true recovery, but rather the addict trying to bs his way through and then manipulate you to get you to send money so that he can get dope.

I've been there done that and can spot it from a mile away. When you are in true recovery you find ways to get to meetings and you begin to try to figure out how you can make things work. He is on victim mode. He is a prisoner to his addiction and right now his only concern is how he is going to get his next high. That is why he is coming up with all the bs. The crying is usually because the addict is either out of dope or getting close to being out and he is scared to death of the thought of having to go a day without using. Sponsors are not usually negative, but to the addict that is not really ready for recovery anything a sponsor tells them will be something they don't want to hear. Sponsors are focused on recovery .. the addict whose heart is not ripe and ready for recovery cannot accept what they are hearing and therefore ultimately end up finding a problem with the sponsor or the program, the rehab and then they try to fault find their way out of their party-less environment and get back to the business of full time feeding frenzy of drugs and alcohol.

You are wise not to believe him.
Keep your hard earned money where it belongs *in your pocket*
Because after reading both your post it is clear that he is in active addiction mode.

I got prescriptions, but I didn't take them - BS! but you gotta give him an A for effort.

Stay focused on you maybe even every time you are tempted to believe he might be telling the truth. Take the amount of money he is asking you for and stash it away and in about a year take it out and go treat yourself to a vacation. Celebrate YOU and YOUR RECOVERY. It was hard earned and you deserve it!

Hugs,
Passion