Thread: Mommy Dearest
View Single Post
Old 07-20-2013, 07:50 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  
DreamsofSerenity

Originally Posted by Eve13 View Post
dreamsofserenity I would actually not encourage this relationship with her as well as with the kids. It's nice that you've been a positive presence for this time, but as you've already pointed out, she is making caustic remarks. That doesn't bode well for her children. If one of your kids wants to play with one of hers, that could be arranged. But I would have the kids initiate and have them ONLY at your house. As parents we have relationships that ebb and flow with parents of our kids friends. Not a big deal to back off in light of your awareness of her behavior.

And yes, I am impressed with typing and walking at the same time too
Haha. I feel so proud that I am impressing people on SR with my "skill". I must admit, I did fall off the treadmill once. I've got it backed against a wall in my house, and after I fell, I slid back on the belt and got stuck in the space between the machine and the wall. The treadmill kept running and I was pinned there for what felt like 5 minutes but was probably only a few seconds. I was fine structurally but did have a bunch of skin on my arm sanded off. No biggie. No reason to not give the ultimate experience in multi-tasking a try.

Thanks for the thoughts. Yes, I will try to have the kids over somehow without going head to head with her. She knows me, and knows why I will be backing off. I am worried it will **** her off and she will use the kids to get to me, but there isn't a d-mn thing I can do about it. I'm as terrified of her as they are.

Her plan for the puppy once school starts is to leave it locked in a kennel all day. She says that dogs are fine with this. I can't explain it but I almost feel like she got the puppy so she'd have something extra to rant about and be mean to. That's my intuition anyway.

I can't explain it. It was like there were all these red flags and clues, but I kept giving her the benefit of the doubt. And then the puppy thing happened, and a wide door of awareness opened for me...I will also add that her last dog had to be kenneled so often while she remodeled her house that it developed a stress related illness in its bowels, and my friend opted to have it put down because she didn't want to spend the money to try to save her. (This was after she dumped 300K into her house.)