View Single Post
Old 07-18-2013, 07:35 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  
Goldwing

Thanks eveyrone. I greatly appreiate all who have posted and who have offered their experiences. It has been a great help and confort to know y'all are there.

After a bit of realization that she still is not doing what she should be (no supprise on my part) I've asked the following of her as I need time to mysefl to sort though my issues and decompress,

I asked that she move out today but no later then tomorrow morning. I told her I don't trust her and don't believe she will do anything to help herself and that I need space to just be.

I told her that the divorce paper work was filed yesterday and that if she did not agree to leaving on her own then I would take the next step legally to have her removed from the house.

I then told her that if she gets into rehab today and starts going to meetings and keeps doing that for 30 days to start I will not take the next step in the divorce. Yeah I know that is coercion but I'm willing to live with that for the time being.

I also told her that if she can't or won't leave or do rehap and meetings then the divorce proceeds and I would make sure she gets as little as is legally possible.

I'll tell you folks this has been a test of my faith, patients and abilit to compartmentlize my life.

Again thanks to eveyrone for taking time to respond and offer hope and insight. May God bless all of you.