View Single Post
Old 07-17-2013, 04:42 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  
Diva76

Originally Posted by Sistina;4074737

He never apologized about leaving me, but instead made it all about HIM and HIS problem.
[COLOR="Blue"
Of course not, if he did apologize, he would be forced to take responsibility for himself...and based on what you have shared, I don't see that happening any time soon...
[/COLOR]

Also, I have been offered a place to stay if things get bad...

"If" things get bad? Oh dear....I know you are feeling fragile at the moment, but may I gently ask how much worse so things have to get before you finally leave this guy??? Of course, this is my own perspective, but from where I'm standing, things seem quite unbearable for you now...
If you have been offered a place to stay, I would strongly recommend
taking that person up on it...
If money is an issue, there are other ways to contribute to the household that you'll be staying at...
Maybe you can offer to do some chores, or make them a beautiful painting since you like to paint....who knows? They may appreciate the home decorating...

But I am getting more support from my family and that makes me feel like someone actually cares about ME.
Good. I'm glad you are getting support from your family....
And, you have us too!

Still, a part of me looks at the man and my mind just screams WHY WHY WHY..... why do you do this to yourself, to us....to me. I don't know if he will ever figure himself out and get himself back together and I pray he does. But I cannot be involved with him when he continues to live a life of immaturity.

I truly understand....
I don't know of one person on here that hasn't had the same struggle....
But, your wisdom is already beginning to shine through as you are beginning to realize that you cannot be involved with him if he's still addicted....

How long have you known him for?
Is there a lot of history between the two of you?

Thank you all. You have my gratitude.

You're welcome....
That's what we're here for...

All the best,

Linda