Thread: How to Know?
View Single Post
Old 07-16-2013, 06:00 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
LucifersAngel

How to Know?

So I went to a multi-family session thing at my fiancees rehab on Sunday and went to my first Nar-Anon meeting on Monday I figured I would make sure to post on here today just to keep the good juju flowing

My main fear with Cody being in rehab is that I am absolutely terrified that he or the staff are going to decide he's better off without me, that I'm an enabler, that I'm the worst thing in his life and he should leave me. It's pretty unfounded because his main concealer, who I met on Sunday, apparently thinks I am amazing and "wishes more addicts had girlfriends like me"

I still am scared because I never really got an answer to "am I codependent" or "an I am enabler"

The only way enabler was ever explained to me was "doing something they can't do themselves, if they have a broken leg, its not enabling to help them up the stairs"

Which still raises questions because I would always cook for Cody and do his laundry when he was living with me... Is that enabling? I just thought that was being a good future-wife.

And from what I've heard about codependency I think I am codependent (I think he is too) but I don't see why that's BAD

UGHHHHH.... Help?