View Single Post
Old 07-16-2013, 06:29 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
DreamsofSerenity

Crazed, I gotta be honest here, this video really concerns me for both of you.

It's highly romantic, very sad, full of idealization, etc. I could appropriate it, use it as my own conceptual art piece, and call it "Nature's Call to Codependency."

I do not mean to be a b-tch, or judgemental. It's just that I am very triggered by this because I see you walking down a dangerous path, and I'm confused about what the healthy move is here. You posted, so obviously you are looking for something. Am I supposed to ignore things when I feel triggered, tell you what I think you want to hear, or tell you the truth? Others speak the truth on SR, so I guess I will do the same. I apologize in advance if I am out of line.

I think your GF has a VERY serious and frightening problem. She lost her kids. She was in JAIL. She lost her job. I don't have any idea how her physical health is but it can not be great. She is in EARLY recovery. All the professionals told both of you that NC was imperative, not because there is anything wrong with you but because it is the healthiest thing for any alkie's recovery to not have the distraction of a relationship.

IMO, sending videos of this nature is high risk behavior. She already tattooed Serenity on her body. To me these are signs she is not firmly grouded in the reality of recovery.

Crazed, her mom drank herself to death. This is serious sh-t. For her sake, and yours, please reconsider putting the brakes on this thing.

I admit I might be wrong and again, I do not mean to offend you in anyway.