View Single Post
Old 07-14-2013, 05:34 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Seren
Forum Leader

Rosie

I think it was absolutely OK for you to feel disappointed. It's a perfectly normal thing to feel under the circumstances.

Mr. HG and I visited my folks and my sister recently. I always look forward to these trips because my family lives several states away, and we only get to see them 1 or 2 times a year.

The day after we arrived, my sister announced that she was leaving town and would be gone the remainder of our stay. You see, she found out a friend of hers was dying--imminently--and this might be the last chance she would have for a visit.

I was disappointed that I would not get to visit with her because we don't have a chance to see each other that often. I don't think it was codependent of me to feel that way, either. If, however, I talked to her and tried to make her feel bad for leaving or to change her plans, well, then that would have been a whole different story. That would have been manipulative and controlling on my part.

I wished her safe travels and told her I would pray for her friend.

I hope you have been thinking about and planning some other fun things you can do during the coming 2 weeks! What would you like to do?