View Single Post
Old 07-13-2013, 07:46 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  
otter
Trying to Enjoy Life Now

Originally Posted by KittyH View Post
<<< Having had a similar situation with Vodka........... Yes I was drinking my own bourbon and coke but they didnt know what vodka does to me. I resigned right there that I would bring my own little "blinged" glass to parties where people would probably be using those darn red cups. The people that I have been around thought it was "cute" and had no problem in me using my own cup. If you are not crafty then just take a magic marker and put your name on YOUR cup and make sure that is the one you are using. This is just a little trick that worked for me so I hope its a help to you
Agreed, I don't have a system down yet but I'm going to have to come up with some system. Not sure I'll make it through the evening with old Army buddies with a bling glass however.

I finally fell asleep at 8am this morning and I've been sleeping like a baby. Woke up at 10:45 ran out of bed scared I was late for work. This used to happen all the time when I was drinking heavy.

Made it all the way out to my truck before I realized it's Saturday and didn't have to work. I was literally shaking and my heart was beating out of my chest.

Came back in and slept till 2pm and woke up feeling good. Won't lie and say the monkey is no longer on my back but it's not like it was. I know it sounds pretty benign what I just described (this morning with work panic) but wow it was weird. It was just like when I used to sleep through my alarm and wake up 2 hours late.

This is a crazy, evil disease.

Anyway, I made it through the worst part with your guys help. A sincere "Thank You".