Old 07-13-2013, 11:43 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
palmtree1

Originally Posted by iwh View Post
ugh. i skimmed the post, but you may be curious about what you are like with out those substances.

i hope you can find a safe environment & support to just be without those things.

it's possible, though please tell a doctor if you want that, and stick with it, as many of those things are medications.

you can be healthy with out any of that, just look for the right support.

i may be setting the bar too high, i am not well either. just saying hi and i appreciate you finding the courage to tell us this.
And honestly, I've tried it that. But emotionally I was just UP AND DOWN and I was doing some very scary stuff. Doctor shopping. Crawling around the house looking for pills. Literally my entire day was about getting pills.

I'm not a big person: 145lbs/5'9, but even then I could take 50mg of percocet easily.

Ideally, would I be taking anything? Of course not. But honestly, I've relapsed three times and it just scares me what I did.

But now I don't do any of that....my cravings are basically nil & I'm able to live. I also feel much happier, I'm saving money etc.

That's just my experience.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that I was so unstable and doing very dangerous things that this seems like the best option.