Old 07-13-2013, 12:26 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
toomuchtoolose

Sobriety causing problems in my marriage??!

So I never in a million years thought me giving up the drink could actually cause problems in my marriage.

Its so weird, my husband always hated my drinking and it really brought us together when I first quit. My husband was super supportive and really glad I had quit, especially as the final reason was partly to do with how I had treated him on a drunken night and out of respect for my marriage I decided enough was enough.

So now 6 months on, life is stressful - the usual work, money, family busy busy busy and my husband himself wants to go out and let his hair down to deal with the stress, using drink and cocaine. I would previously had celebrated this fact - brilliant! A buddy to get trollied with, what fun!

But now I don't want to its causing a wedge between us. To the point where he has started lying to me about doing it and planning to do it behind my back.

We had such a horrible row last night I feel so ****.

I never knew this would happen, it's always me that's been the problem drinker and now I feel like I'm battling against his addiction as well as my own,

My marriage is so important to me, he's my number 1, but I don't know how to cope with this

:-( :-(