Thread: 6 days sober
View Single Post
Old 07-12-2013, 07:34 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
JJW

6 days sober

Hi everyone... I am new to this site and today is day 6 with no alcohol. I quit drinking for about 8 months a little over a year ago but did it for the wrong reasons... everyone else but myself so relapse was inevitable. I am married with two beautiful little girls and a wife that must be Superwoman to put up with me. I was never mean or harmful (physically, I mean), in fact I am self employed and was generally a happy drunk. Even though I could put away 24 beers on someday's, I could still get up, go to work, bust my ass and still function as a member of society. This time, I had just "had enough". I took a look a my life and how good I had it, and thought, "why in the hell do I want to wake up every morning feeling like crap when I don't have too?"... "I am sure my business could be doing much better if I stopped this nonsense." Then most importantly, was my family... my wife needs her husband, and my girls need their daddy so... started doing my homework, set a date and so far I am on target. Working out, taking vitamins, milk thistle, eating healthy, and water, water and more water NO CAFFEINE. It has actually been much easier this time since I am going about things in a healthy way. Still kind of tired at times but, I'll make it. Thanks for listening (or reading). Hope to get to know some of you on here.