Notices

6 days sober

Old 07-12-2013, 07:34 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
JJW

6 days sober

Hi everyone... I am new to this site and today is day 6 with no alcohol. I quit drinking for about 8 months a little over a year ago but did it for the wrong reasons... everyone else but myself so relapse was inevitable. I am married with two beautiful little girls and a wife that must be Superwoman to put up with me. I was never mean or harmful (physically, I mean), in fact I am self employed and was generally a happy drunk. Even though I could put away 24 beers on someday's, I could still get up, go to work, bust my ass and still function as a member of society. This time, I had just "had enough". I took a look a my life and how good I had it, and thought, "why in the hell do I want to wake up every morning feeling like crap when I don't have too?"... "I am sure my business could be doing much better if I stopped this nonsense." Then most importantly, was my family... my wife needs her husband, and my girls need their daddy so... started doing my homework, set a date and so far I am on target. Working out, taking vitamins, milk thistle, eating healthy, and water, water and more water NO CAFFEINE. It has actually been much easier this time since I am going about things in a healthy way. Still kind of tired at times but, I'll make it. Thanks for listening (or reading). Hope to get to know some of you on here.
Old 07-12-2013, 07:59 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
A Smart Bug is a Sober Bug!

I could have wrote this post - just swap husband for wife. But, I can't kick the caffeine!

Welcome to SR - very glad you are here. This is a great group. Congrats on your 6 days!
Old 07-12-2013, 08:05 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
JJW

Thank you very much...
Old 07-12-2013, 08:14 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
cb1

welcome!!!!!!!!!
Old 07-12-2013, 08:34 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Awaiting Email Confirmation

I'm pretty much where you are, right down to the two kids, although my drinking patterns were a little different. I need to do this for me, also, or it won't work at all.
Old 07-12-2013, 08:36 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
JJW

Glad you are on board. Hang in there, you can do it.
Old 07-12-2013, 08:54 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Right there with you JJW. Day 5 for me -- and I feel I could have written that post, down to the two kiddos. For the longest time convinced myself that the fact that I could keep my job and be a happy drunk meant I wasn't an alcoholic. I'm not giving up my caffeine yet tho -- one issue at a time.

Welcome aboard!