View Single Post
Old 07-12-2013, 05:39 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
WhiteFeathers

SAHDs are sexy! Being a stay at home dad is awesome, and I hope you are not letting outmoded conventions get under your skin. FWIW, stay at home moms are not happy either. I am one, but I am back in school to get qualified for a job because I feel like a throwback to the Johnson administration LOL.

Stay at home dads are great because they get to be au-currant, evolved males who get to spend time with their kids. SAHDs are rebels who buck convention to take care of their families and be true providers, not just with a paycheck but with their time, love and attention.

There are so many kids who hardly see their dads because he works all the time. They do not understand nor care that he is out "providing." Times are different now, own your SAH status, put it on your resume with pride and if some sexist pig doesn't like it then f them and let them know!

Anyway, I know how hard it is not to pick up a wee little drink when you're playing LEGOs for the 3rd hour in a row. I get it. Do you have a plan for sobriety? Have you checked out AA or other methods?