Thread: What to do
View Single Post
Old 07-11-2013, 08:04 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
bigsombrero

Been there. Sounds like you are snowballing a bit here - the best thing to do is try and cut those "problem" areas into little chunks, in my experience. What can you do, right now, to help the situation? You certainly can't fix everything with a magic wand by the time SportCenter is over, can you? If not, then it might be best to slow down and take a breath.

I used to get really wound up when I bundled my troubles, and things only picked up speed until I had borderline anxiety attacks - which were the one thing I could fix, with alcohol. Booze always was my immediate solution, and when everything looked bleak I started turning to it first thing in the morning and go all day long. You can imagine where that led me.

Anyway, if you're going to tackle these things one at a time, like a real person, you're going to have to quit the drinking first in my opinion. It might seem overly simplistic, but it's the most important step. Have you ever heard someone say "I'm kicking this guy out of my house because he STOPPED drinking"? Or "I'm going to fire this guy because he just got sober", etc, etc? Not only does stopping drinking improve your health and personal well-being, but it also improves your status almost immediately.

Quit the bottle and you will see a much clearer picture of your situation. You can cross that bridge when you come to it.