View Single Post
Old 07-11-2013, 01:13 PM
  # 400 (permalink)  
Huxley

Jenny, I reckon that just making the decision to get moving is huge, and doesn't have to be followed up by a quick change. As soon as I made the decision I started to feel better, and although the whole interview process was stressful and scary, it was a cool challenge and worth it.

As for jobs, I'd just start seeing what's out there. You have a wealth of high-level transferable skills to offer, and cool jobs come up all of the time. I didn't think I'd go from classroom teacher to what I do now, I just sort of followed my nose and some interesting offers. If you know you don't want to spend the next 17 years in this job (is that what you said?) why not give yourself something like 2 years to find something else? And just start poking around?

Originally Posted by InsertNameHere View Post
the final illusion was shattered before me and the truth laid bare, (I know how you like it when I talk fancy) I was miserable and there was no Narnia hidden in the dregs of the bottle.
I do! Haha! That Narnia line was lovely - I may steal that one day. And I'm glad you've managed to dress yourself

So impressed you did a sober wedding-4th-birthday. And I know it's breaking the law and all, but getting a speeding ticket in NY is kinda rock and roll

Man, I love you guys
xxx