View Single Post
Old 07-08-2013, 06:03 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  
Argnotthisagain

Originally Posted by Argnotthisagain View Post
Yes, its absolutely possible because when you're in that much pain/depression, it takes excessive dramatic attention to GET your attention. And the relief of getting what looks like love ("Oh youre the most amazing woman ive ever met!!!! ) instantly relieves the inertia of depression.

Also they're familiar--the Psychopath's eyes often looked dead and reptilian, and the A's when he was drunk did too--like my mother's fairly often. The effusive, unrealistic praise, also familiar. I thought it was sincere. Ate it up. The lack of real connection...also familiar...then crumbs. I'm used to that, I'll take anything.

Does that help at all? I can't really think and type this as clear/concise as I'd like---really awkward on the mobile.
Ooo, Zen, I kind of misread your question.....
Oh well, I hope my answer was useful anyway.

So, about the ?, is it possible to feel that intense love for someone healthy...

I did have two 9 yr. R-ships with two people MUCH LESS disturbed than the ones I mentioned, and for quite a long time we were feeeeliiin in looove.

But there were fatal flaws with those too. And I was still *me*...very nice and sweet but clingy, depressed, lotsa learned helplessness, emotionally immature and trying to make one love me--(womanizer); the other i was helping (no job, living behind a friend's couch. Reason: devastated after a divorce. He still didn't want to work, 5 years later...)

Was that helpful? I hope...