View Single Post
Old 07-08-2013, 04:05 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

EST, take a good read around, especially the sticky posts at the top of this forum and you will find a lot of helpful information that will show you what lies ahead if you choose to stay with an active addict.

The short version of what happens more often than not..

He will steal from you and spend all your money. He will probably cheat on you too and maybe bring you STD's from any number of sources.

He will lie...about everything...where he is, what he is doing, where his drugs are, the amount he is using...and if you are like most of us, you will "know" he is lying and will dedicate your life to playing Codie detective to find "proof" that it is so, so that you can confront him and shame him into stopping...and he will say he will and then won't...because active addicts lie about everything.

You will try harder to stop him and he will try harder to hide it from you and when you threaten to leave, he will tell you that he cannot do it without you, that only you can motivate him to stop...and he won't anyway even if you stay.

I sound cynical, but this is the hard reality of where your life is heading.

And, if you are like an unfortunate few here, YOU will get arrested for knowing that he is dealing and for having drugs where you live. You will be charged as an accomplice and perhaps spend time in jail. You may lose your home and lose your children if you have any. It's not fair but it too IS reality.

Sweetie, if you were my daughter I would tell you to run for the hills, now. If you feel you cannot afford to leave, call a women's shelter and they will help you.

You have the choice to stay or go. You cannot make him get clean and stay clean. If love could save our addicts not one of us would be here.

Whatever you choose, please take very good care of yourself. We care about you, you are not alone. If this response seems harsh it is, because remaining in a relationship with an active addict IS a harsh life and one you do not deserve. You deserve so much better than all this, really you do.

Hugs