Old 07-07-2013, 07:45 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
butterfly2013

Very true, although the judge did not order AA or parenting classes. My ex is doing that on his own. Which is some progress for him, because prior to the judge ruling in my favor, he simply insisted that I couldn't prove anything and that his drinking didn't matter. Despite the AA, he is still drinking though...who knows how long his "recovery" has been or will last...

Beyond that, you're right, I just don't know if everything is really fine and dandy now. I've known him for eight years, and he has behaved exactly the same way during the entire time. Maybe losing custody finally knocked some sense into him, but no matter what he does or does not do, I think I need to take my focus off of him and his wife and just focus and me, my son, our lives together.

Logically, I know focusing on myself and my son and the future makes sense, but spiritually, I'm still getting bogged down by the past. I'm still trying to reconcile the fact that the wife, the former "other woman" is now the step-mom. And the fact that my ex is doing *everything* with her/for her that he never did for me and our son. It still really hurts.