Old 07-06-2013, 04:40 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
butterfly2013

conversation with xabf's wife and new red flags

Hey all,

I've been writing my journey here for a few months. I had a conversation with my xabf's wife (who is the supervisor for visitation with my three year old son with my ex).

I found out the following things:

-Her father is an alcoholic.
-She admitted to drinking a lot until just recently when she relocated to marry my ex.
-"[my ex] and I make each other better people, we help each other to be better because we have each other in our lives."
-Upon discussing my ex's long history of alcohol abuse: "Well, you have to have hope, right?"
-When discussing the court papers (where my ex lied repeatedly): "Well, you have your opinion, he has his opinion, and I have my own." (Umm...reality doesn't work that way.)
-When I reminded her that I moved out of the apartment because my son and I were unsafe with my ex around: "You have your reasons."
-"I only want the best for [your son], I care about him."
-"I will make sure [my ex] does not drink when your son is with us, he would do anything to make sure he has his time with him." (I posted a few days ago regarding a Facebook picture which shows the two of them drinking together...real brilliant, this one)

I'm even more frustrated. She seems to be in the thick of denial regarding everything (including her marriage...my ex was hitting on me recently and proudly proclaimed he is "single and looking"), plus she admitting to "drinking too much" in the recent past herself! This is all just a recipe for disaster.

Legally, I cannot take any action. I will just take note of her admission regarding her own recent alcohol abuse when I return to court in November.

There was an amazing post about letting go and trusting in the universe...that things will work out for the best.

Tormenting myself won't do any good. I need to focus on positive and constructive action I can take to continue healing myself and growing.

Sigh.