View Single Post
Old 07-06-2013, 01:59 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Zencat
Your attitude, not your aptitude, will determine your altitude

Originally Posted by Muki3
I have no doubt. For me, however, I have found there is no way out but through. The Buddha reminds us that life is suffering. We cannot stop the waves but with the Grace of God we can learn to surf them.
Grief is suffering with stages to go through. Like in Buddhism there are stages, of sorts, to go through that release one of suffering. Knowing there is a way out is very good. The practice is next, that may take time however. Patience with yourself and your practice, then be persistent with a daily practice.

Muki, you mentioned. I think. about combining some from AA, Buddhism, maybe some psychological therapy coping skills to build a new foundation to grow from? If so, would I be to bold to ask what are your thoughts about this? If so, I understand...I'm just interested .

Originally Posted by Boleo
IMO the 12 steps work better when we refrain from defining our Higher Power. Kind of like the Taoist saying:

"The Tao that can be talked about is not the true Tao".
Originally Posted by murrill
I agree with Boleo. I the early days I was desperate for a very defined picture of HP. It never came, and today understand why. It would have been rigid and dogmatic--the very thing I railed against. The only point of reference I would have would be a human one, and I think I would end up with a picture of a chastising, judgmental human. Instead I simply release myself into an energy that is not defined as good or bad--and does not define me as such, either.
I detach myself from the concepts that can not be defined or talked about. If it is undefinable then to me it is unrecognizable. Now I have nothing to consider. What to consider then? Like the permanence of the moment is a good start. Meditation helps me to connect with that. That may be the "energy" for all I know.

Other than that, I like the path AA member Jimmy B took: there is good within each of us. I take that as releasing or "letting go" of all the things (hinderances) that keep me from tapping into my inter good. Buddhist have an expression "original mind" that hints of my unspeakable HP (Higher Potential). Yes!!!, dissolve the ego, connect with the community around, be of service, no dogma nor rigidness, just spread some love around. Very K.I.S.S. .

Thank you both Murrill and Boleo for your contributions.

I think we see the same thing, experience the same effects and have been changed for the better because of "it". Like light, if one wants to observe it as a particle, it behaves as a particle. Observer light as a wave, yep its a wave. It is also simultaneity both! With matter that can change its behavior depending how you look at it...hummm. Along with a precptional foundation of our reality that can pop in and out of existence, pass information from one particle to another faster than light, and that whole two in one act. Looking to hard into the whole shebang might make one dizzy and disorientated .