Old 07-05-2013, 08:13 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
TameTheBeast

Originally Posted by freshstart57 View Post
I have a belief in God, and this belief is of my understanding too. This always seemed trite and self important to me, this phrase, how could you believe and not have an understanding too while yer at it? I digress.

The God of my understanding bestowed the free will catch 22 on me, so He is not going to be much good with the whole sobriety issue directly. This matter is ultimately up to me. He does place resources within reach for me from time to time, maybe a flexible and logical brain is one of those.

AVRT is outside of any religious or spiritual discussion, as religion and spirituality have no relevance to AVRT. Belief of any sort is fine, but not necessary for sobriety in this context. In the same way, self empowerment through AVRT does not contravene any religious or spiritual tenet that I understand.

A challenge for many of us in early sobriety is finding our new place in our world, and your religious belief may help with that. Namaste.
Awesome man, you really help me more than you know, almost to the part of making my BP in the book, although my last drink was 3 days ago I realize that counting days doesnt really matter, Im still learning though, went to the store and a guy had a case in front of me, I thought I should grab a couple its hot, its the weekend then I realized that was Beast talking and grabbed a diet pepsi instead. Thank you for all that contribute here.