Old 07-05-2013, 07:10 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Argnotthisagain

Hi Snowie,

Yeah, the reason I know what I know about NPD is that I've got serious DSM-IV-Cluster B karma!! Haa! Borderline (mother, and at least one love interest), NPD, Psychopathy......my life is full of them. And then the Alcoholic, who...well he was crazy and abusive after the honeymoon period wore off. Lately I've started thinking of Alcoholism as "Acquired Psychopathology Syndrome"!!

So,I did a lot of reading and web searching after the various love interests.

They also seem to crawl out of the woodwork at me in other ways too---a couple of house related suits, cooked up by people who started out in ordinary business dealings, apparently good faith.

It's not like I go out to bars and social events looking for the sickest person to attach myself to! They come find me!! It's frikkin weird, that's for sure! :P

Anyway, by now, as long as I'm not IN LOVE with one, I can identify them easily, if I have a chance to "See them in action", as with the thread you're talking about.

So...I'd say, first, remind yourself that because you know you've got a sick enemy; you can remind yourself that you are prepared and determined to protect yourself.

Do you have a lawyer on your side? You should explain what you know. Get things in writing, especially ANYTHING this jerkoff says, does, hints at, threatens. Save everything and send to your lawyer, and whoever else is on your side, like Real Estate agent, or whatever.

The best thing you can do to arm yourself is to google. Look for info on NPD and Psychopaths, and key words--"how to protect yourself from". There's TONS of info out there!!!

Hope this helps! Be Decisive and strong. Call him on his ****, if it feels safe. Some of them get nasty when you call them out, and if they have a means to retaliate, they will. So be careful about that part. It can work--they shrivel and run like a vampire at dawn, or it can backfire. In which case, you will be unhappy.

Pay attention to your fear, but again remember you have knowledge now.