Old 07-05-2013, 06:56 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Snowie71

O/T: Future-tripping about what an NPD might do

Hi I'm hoping to get some guidance about someone I have to deal with in the coming weeks. I haven't really got enemies in my life (that I know of at least!) but this person is total bad news and has caused me no end of difficulty.

On another thread someone put a list of NPD traits and it literally JUMPED out at me. It would explain why, despite my having moved away and to all intents and purposes being "safe", the merest whiff of having to have any dealings with this person has given me massive anxiety (to the point of nausea). I'm not a psychologist but the weirdness, the grandiosity, the entitlement, etc - it is all there in this person.

It's going to sound so trivial compared with the many deep issues posters are facing here, but the dealings I'll have to have with this person involve a property sale and thats why I've labelled it OT as the person isnt a family member & not a friend (definitely not a friend!)

We were forced to rent the property out instead of selling it and have been in limbo for over 2 years while sorting out legal issues that this person pretty much created to stop us selling. Since then we've had to jump through all sorts of hoops and we should be on the home strait & finally looking at moving on, and instead it looks like we're just about to get a whole new set of obstacles...

I'm finding it hard to stop worrying about this and found some useful posts in the anxiety section I'm going to print off. I've been learning lately to sit with emotions and let them pass, but I'm finding this really hard to do in relation to this person, who has done really irrational crazy things in the past. I don't know and can't know what this person will do next - I accept that & I know I just have to batten down the hatches. But this person really seems motivated by pure venom at me in particular and I admit I'm actually quite fearful.

If anyone can give me some pointers on what I might do to be able to detach from this issue I'd be really grateful. I have to work all weekend & really need to find a way to park it/get some perspective/man up. I'm a grown woman but this person makes me a nervous wreck.

Thanks in advance to anyone who can help!
Snowie