Old 07-05-2013, 10:06 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
sorb

Thumbs down Suboxone withdrawal -- more serious than i thought..

well im kinda stumped now. im 40+ days clean from dope but have been taking suboxone the entire 40 days. im down to a VERY small amount of suboxone because ive been tapering it the whole time. to be exact, ive been taking a 1/32 of a strip per day for about the last 5-7 days.

yes, i said 1/32 of a strip per day. it ends up being the tiniest little square and i dont think its possible to split it down any further. it works out to .25mg of suboxone per day.

but i tried to come off this week, with wednesday being my first day taking absolutely nothing. wednesday was ok. i was a little tired and unmotivated but i didnt dwell on it and i made it thru the day ok. then thursday i woke up feeling pretty good. but by noon i was feeling worse than day 1. i spent the whole day yawning, sneezing, nose running, back hurting, impossible to get comfortable no matter how i sat/laid, totally unmotivated, totally lethargic, with absolutely no drive for life like ive had the past 40 days.

so, knowing i had to work 5 doubles in a row starting today i broke down and bought another suboxone.

ive read online and apparently suboxone withdrawals will last about 8-14 days and i dont know how im gonna hold down my job feeling like i did yesterday for 8-14 straight days... i really dont think i can do it. ive honestly been considering quitting my job because i dont know what else to do. i dont want to quit my job but i dont want to be on suboxone for very much longer either.

any input/advice/encouragement/ideas would be nice right about now. thanks.