View Single Post
Old 07-04-2013, 10:57 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Nuudawn

Originally Posted by Raeth View Post
I am seriously contemplating an AA meeting next week. There's been beer in the house the last few days during a heat wave and it's been a problem for me. I can't say no, I don't know how to.

The thought of sitting there in a group of people and being at least somewhat open about where I'm at face to face is not a comfortable one. Is it really worth it?
I'd just about guarantee it won't hurt. That group of people..is just a group of you and me's..ain't nothing you're going to say that will come as any shocker. I'm not currently a member of AA...BUT...I remember walking into my first meeting...terrified, ashamed, freaked out.

Um..just a guess...but that's EXACTLY how everyone walks in there. Wouldn't you say folks...those who've been to one? There will be some kind folks with a smile and an extended hand. It may not be for you...but I don't think it will be at all unpleasant. My first meeting was like a hug I really needed at the time. Being open to all answers when you need some help is the right step. You can decide whether it's for you...AFTER you give it a try. They won't handcuff you to the coffee machine..I promise